TRINITY – DIGITAL CAT NOTEBOOK FOR GRADE 10
A complete C.A.T. curriculum in one digital notebook
- Video lessons
- Activities linked to each lesson
- Solutions for all activities
- Student section with notes
- All material cross-linked throughout the notebook
- Can be used online or offline
- Tagged content for quick and easy searching
- Can be used as individual notebook or integrated as a class notebook
121 videos, 134 lessons, 101 activities
The CAT Grade 10 Digital Notebook is a OneNote notebook that can be used by students and/or teachers who are interested in doing CAT…differently. The idea for creating a notebook such as this was based on the following notions:
- Learners become responsible for their own learning
- The teacher becomes a guide and facilitator
- Learners are exposed to self-led learning principles by engaging with the content at their own pace
- The learners who enjoy CAT and have a natural inclination towards it, move along as fast as they like with nothing holding them back
- The learners who require a little more attention than others can have more dedicated time from the teacher and not feel left behind
- Recorded lessons can be watched over and over again
- The notebook serves as a digital portfolio of their work for the year
The notebook contains everything needed and can be used completely offline. Videos in high-quality MP4 files are available for purchase as an extra for schools who perhaps don’t have decent internet access or any access at all. Use online or offline!
Please make sure you have OneNote Desktop version installed.
The notebook consists of video lessons, activities, solutions and resources. Students get a ‘journey guide’ to follow and work through.
This notebook is provided as-is. No guarantee is made that it has covered every single aspect of CAT for Grade 10. Where something may be missing, you are welcome to contact me and let me know. Whilst I have done my best to cover what I can, I do not take responsibility for any missing content, any errors or omissions. This notebook is a guide, an aid, an enhancement, a facilitation. It is not a replacement for the teacher or textbook. It is assumed you are experienced with OneNote. Links to OneNote training and resources are provided in the Notebook for teachers.
I make no promises with this material! But…I have put a tremendous amount of effort into it and use it with my own Grade 10’s. It will continue to evolve. All content in the notebook, except for linked textbook activities, is copyrighted © Matthew Hains. Please do not share this notebook with anyone.
To use as a Class Notebook, a Microsoft account with an Education license may be required.
For more info and video, check out the Trinity: Grade 10 CAT Digital Notebook page.
Elizabeth M –
As a parent, I would like to thank you for taking the time in creating this. There is not much help out there for CAT. My child is a visual learner therefore the YouTube video has assisted her and helped her understand the chapter of the textbook which she did not have a clear understanding of.
Message from my daughter : “Thank you for the energy, time and effort in making the videos creative and the mini jokes that make me laugh. It make learning fun and assist me in remembering my work””
Marié Horne –
As a CAT teacher, I purchased this Notebook and it is everything Matt promised – a real game changer! I have already successfully used it as a Class Notebook on Teams for learners wanting to change subjects, the learners and parents are amazed at the amount of quality resources to assist in the catching up. I also plan to use it with my grade 10 CAT learners next year, especially with learners wishing to take CAT as an extra subject. I really feel that this was my best purchase ever – thanks Matt.
Anette Labuschagne –
Is this Notebook enough for a CAT teacher to do with the gr10’s throughout the year? Must we still consult the textbook that we use in class?
Matthew Hains –
I still recommend using a textbook for extra activities and revision.