“We” = Matthew Hains (and/or other users on the site with administrative permissions)
“Matthew Hains Online” = Matthew Hains (and/or other users on the site with administrative permissions)
1.1 It is not necessary to register with us in order to use some parts of this Website.
USE OF WEBSITE
1.3 You may print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
1.4 All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
1.5 Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in Website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
VISITOR PROVIDED MATERIAL
1.7 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in South Africa;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
1.8 [I will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 1.7.]
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
1.9 Throughout this Website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this Website you do so at your own risk.
1.10 Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
(a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
(c) the website from which you link to this Website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
1.11 By linking to this Website in breach of clause 5.2 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this Website as a result of such linking.
1.12 Whilst I do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times I do not guarantee that all material is accurate and ,or up to date.
1.13 All material contained on this Website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this Website at your own discretion.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
1.14 I do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this Website.
LAW and JURISDICTION
Please be aware of the following
Anyone deemed to be using the site with fake credentials, false email addresses or profiles will be banned immediately and reported to the relevant authorities.
Racism, sexism, defamatory remarks, ‘suspect’ profile pics, posts or comments of a sexual or particulary harsh negative nature will be removed and the user warned once, or banned depending on the severity of the infringement. A second offence will mean the user is banned from the site permanently. All the previously-mentioned attitudes will not be tolerated as they go against the spirit of the web site which is for teachers to work together in a professional and supportive manner.
Downloading of materials
Important! –> Feel free to download and make use of these resources. These resources are shared for you to use BUT please don’t use them as-is. Use them to inspire you, to help you get started on creating your own resources. If you are going to use an exam, an assessment, a task etc. then please modify it and change it to suit your learners and school. Do not reproduce the PATs or SBAs at Matric level without acknowledging your source of data.
- Provincial Education Departments may have different standards of assessment, please be aware of this
- Content is provided “as-is” and may contain errors, it is up to you to check the content first before using it
- No guarantee is made as to the quality of the content provided although most content is reviewed before being submitted and, if deemed not suitable, will not be made available. This is done at the discretion of the site admins.
- Matthew Hains takes no responsibility for any damage, data lost, errors or any problems on your computer after downloading
- Materials downloaded from this site may not be resold or re-distributed online, via email or any other medium without the express written consent of Matthew Hains and/or the author of the content
- Matthew Hains and/or other administrators reserve the right to remove any material at any time for any reason
- Copyright infringement and plagiarism is not allowed
- If the materials being submitted are a duplication of already-existing work, please credit the original authors of the content unless using materials under the Creative Commons Licence
- No “hotlinking“